Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dream On.

The other night I had one of the most vivid dreams. The type where your subconscious is trying to coerce you to sleep in just so it can find out what happens. I don't want to divulge the nature of this fancy pants dream (wizards, pot, magic school buses, college and a castle) because I believe that one day I will write it down and it will be the coolest, most money making story in the world. Then I will will have yellow tail tar-tar, as many platforms as I can drool over aligned in my closet like little foot soldiers, a gorgeous black standard poodle named Kristopherson, a German Shepard names Max or Wolfgang, and lots of over priced candles.

Anyway, I awoke reluctantly that morning and forced my boyfriend to wake up. Filled with sleepy enthusiasm I committed to relaying to him the eventual source of my enviable income!

"And then the girl...wait I have to figure that part out, I mean in the dream she was me, but I am not going to make her me...She might have brown hair but you know how I like brunettes. Anyway she is tired of going to class all the time because this guy is really boring. Are you listening? (Yes) Okay LISTEN, so she hasn't gone to class for like 3 weeks and finally one day...okay wait maybe five weeks, oh I don't know somewhere deep in the quarter, Oh wait do you think it should be on semester? Semester are more relatable don't you think? Shit okay well anyway she finally gets to the class..."

This continued for about ten minutes until I noticed I was losing his attention. I started to make up parts of my dream that hadn't happened in order to keep the room alive, but then I would lose track of my story. It began to get disjointed.

"And then there were DOLPHINS! yeaaaah dolphins and they were jumping in and out of the water as they crossed this greaaaat bridge...Wait I am not sure if they were on a bridge I mean that seems ridiculous, okay so I have to figure that part out but there was an ocean and somehow they got to an island...okay there may or may not have been dolphins..."

It finally ended with a plaintive "And there's drugs!" to which he looked nonplussed.

"What do you think," I asked, my eyes alight with a pleading excitement. "Good, huh?!?"

"Yeeeah," my boyfriend yawned. Then proceeded to tell me about his dream. Which involved a flying plank and a not-that-hot blond female co-pilot. Or something.

I don't really know. I guess I wasn't listening.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment